I’m sad to say I’ve been rather quiet on this blog this year – what with a new thriving business monopolising my time and my adventures on The Print Posse Blog.
For those of you who haven’t been following my Print Posse escapades, you can read about them HERE. Gabbie, Fiona, Karen and I take turns blogging every month about topics near and dear to our hearts. Each of us are at different stages of our writing journeys and have different perspectives, experiences and advice to share. Be sure to check it out 😀
I thought today, though, I might revisit my resolutions for 2015, before 2016 rolls around and a whole new set of goals must be set.
The things I wanted to achieve in 2015 (as detailed HERE) were …
1. Rewrite my synopsis for The Mark of the Cagairáin – to be completed by the end of January.
Not only did I achieve this I also revised 1 more time AND then wrote another synopsis !!!
2. Work with my Pitching Posse to set up our new website and maintain throughout the year – website to go live sometime in February.
DONE! And I never shut up about it :p
3. Finish the first draft of my fantasy novel – hopefully by end of April.
DONE! And earlier than planned – I typed my last 1071 words on 12 March 2015.
4. Write a significant proportion of the second draft of my fantasy novel by the close of 2015.
Well, this one not so much – but I’ve almost finished chapter 2.
5. I’m also thinking of compiling a few playlists and setting up some individual web pages for each of my novels. Oh, and posting more novel-related material on Pinterest.
Sort of. I did compile playlists and create web pages for my fantasy novel (which you can find HERE and HERE). But that’s about it. I guess I’ll get to this once I finish the second draft of my fantasy novel and start plotting and planning Victoria 2.0. I can’t wait!
6. On a personal note, attend my high school graduation 20 year reunion on August 22.
7. Finish watching Buffy and Angel with my eldest. And then maybe move onto Twin Peaks.
Well, this fell to the wayside – finding time to watch TV became increasingly difficult as the year went on. But Cole and I did get to season 5 of Buffy and the equivalent of Angel (Season 2). I haven’t seen the last seasons of Revenge or Teen Wolf. Neither have we watched Twin Peaks. But we did, here and there, treat ourselves to an episode or two of The Walking Dead – we are currently up to season 4.
So there you go!
Apart from not getting as far along in my rewrite of A Nightmare’s Betrayal, I think I’ve done pretty well. Here’s hoping next year is just as productive, if not more so.
And definitely as much fun 😀