Woohoo! 2015 is upon us 😀
Well, to be precise, 2015 has been upon us for a few weeks now, but I only got back from Tasmania last night so it officially started for me today 😛
I thought I would write a little post about what I have planned for this year, and what I want to achieve. The list will no doubt grow and change as the year progresses, but I think it’s always good to have a jumping off point.
1. Rewrite my synopsis for The Mark of the Cagairáin – to be completed by the end of January.
I wrote a 1 page synopsis when I first started querying. But since then, my novel has undergone significant change, dropping from a whopping 105K to a nice, svelte 88.5 K. As such, my original synopsis doesn’t quite match any longer. I also need a 2-5 page synopsis to go with my 1 page synopsis. So off to the rewriting trenches I go.
2. Work with my Pitching Posse to set up our new website and maintain throughout the year – website to go live sometime in February.
Last year I participated in a pitch-writing workshop hosted by The Australian Writers Marketplace, and was fortunate enough to befriend 3 lovely ladies: Fiona Stevens, Gabrielle Stroud and Karen Evers. We’ve decided to set up a website together where we will post regularly about our writing journeys and perhaps even showcase some of our writing 😀 I’m very excited to be a part of this! Watch this space for more info as this progresses…
3. Finish the first draft of my fantasy novel – hopefully by end of April.
Currently, I’m just past half way.
4. Write a significant proportion of the second draft of my fantasy novel by the close of 2015.
5. I’m also thinking of compiling a few playlists and setting up some individual web pages for each of my novels. Oh, and posting more novel-related material on Pinterest.
Inspiration for a novel I’m not even close to starting – my modern adaptation of Knut Hamsun’s Victoria – has been whispering to me lately, particularly in the music sense. This is something I’m going to have to submit to – even if it means simply compiling a playlist and collating images.
6. On a personal note, attend my high school graduation 20 year reunion on August 22.
7. Finish watching Buffy and Angel with my eldest. And then maybe move onto Twin Peaks.
On the topic of TV series, I’m really looking forward to season five of Teen Wolf and catching up on the last season of Revenge. And seeing Outlander, of course. When I was in Tassie, I also started re-watching The Lying Game – I absolutely love that show (and watching Blair Redford is definitely a treat 😉 ) Shame it never got a third season.
Anyways, that’s about it for now. Fingers crossed every one of these goals gets the tick of completion 😀